There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Baby Steps!

GMOs, organic, superfood, probiotic, all natural....  Can I just say that at this point in my life and in my lifestyle change, I just know I need to eat healthy?  For me, that means cooking most of my own food.  That means being intentional about what I put in my mouth.  It took me a long time to get to this point.    But I still am focused on doing this right... because I am never going back.  

So please excuse me if from time to time I post a recipe that does not include organic vegetables in the ingredients list, please excuse me if I am confused about what foods are genetically modified, which ones are probiotic, and which is the best superfood.

I think one of the reasons I failed at weight loss attempts before is because I tried to read all the articles.  One week I was told to eat more of one thing, the next to never eat something else, the next time I turned around a different food was something I should eat all the time.  I can't keep up, and I get confused and kind of freaked out, and then I give up.  I'm not giving up this time.  

It's baby steps.  I eat clean, every day.  I don't have cheat days (okay, hardly ever).  But I still have a lot to learn.  Right now I need to focus on finding new recipes my whole family will enjoy.  Maybe next year I can learn about all that other stuff.  Just not today.




1 comment: