There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Like Deja Vu All Over Again!

Last week I posted my menu plan.  What's that saying... the best laid plans of mice and men...  yeah, that's me.  I do make a plan.  But, as often happens, a couple things went astray this week.  Sunday I didn't feel up to doing the prep work, and then wasn't into cooking during the week.  I think it had something to do with the heat and then the rain.  Rain, rain go away!!! We ate, but just didn't follow the menu real closely.  We ate leftovers or something really quick like eggs.  By Friday we were both pretty tired from a busy week at work, so last night I ate granola for supper and MR had PBJ.  He didn't feel like cooking either!  The second thing that happened is that I thought I saved some recipes, and now I can't find them.  I am so annoyed, because I now have two packages of cream cheese in the fridge, and can't find the cheesecake (yes it was clean!) recipe!

The up side of all this is that my menu planning is a little easier because I have some planned items from last week that will go on this week's list!  So yay for me!  That makes it easier for my planning, and also keeps me from spending too much at the grocery.  I spent a lot (for us) last week because I went to Giant, Trader Joe's AND Whole Foods!

The first recipe up is Prosciutto Wrapped Beef from last week.  I am really eager to make this.  It looks awesome and easy.  Two of my favorite food things!!!  So here we go.....


SATURDAY
Prosciutto Wrapped Beef and summer squash

SUNDAY
Cheesesteak bell peppers (yet another recipe I didn't use last week)

MONDAY
Stuffed Zucchini This is from The Gracious Pantry.  She has tons of awesome recipes,  I will sub quinoa for the textured vegetable protein because I guess that is mostly soy and I don't eat soy if I can avoid it.

TUESDAY
grilled steak and salad

WEDNESDAY
Chili - I know this isn't a summer food, but we have a lot of ground beef that we need to use before the next cow arrives later in July or early August!

THURSDAY
Hot Dogs - these are a little iffy for cleanliness but we always buy Hebrew National brand.  I won't eat the bun but we get whole wheat buns at Trader Joe's for those who do.
Slow Cooker Baked Beans The Naked Kitchen is another fabulous site for great recipes, especially if you are vegan

FRIDAY
We're going out!

I will also make granola (this is a weekly use recipe for our house) and maybe some Paleo muffins or something to make breakfast easy.  Leaving the house at 5:30 in the morning means I have to be able to grab a quick breakfast sometimes!

So that's my plan for the week.  And by posting it in my blog I know where to find the recipes when I want them!  I put them in Pinterest too, but sometimes I find that I have so many recipes out there that I can't find the one I want!  


No comments:

Post a Comment