There was an error in this gadget

Monday, July 29, 2013

The Recipe that Started it All!

When I first started toying with clean eating, I spent a lot of time talking to two of my nieces who I had noticed ate really healthy.  Then I looked at different web sites, trying to find information.  One of the first web sites I found, and have stuck with over the last year and a half, is The Naked Kitchen.  They have so many easy but fabulous recipes!  One day I was looking through their recipes and found Cinnamon Raisin Braids.  My mom used to make a bread type recipe that we called braid and, while this wasn't exactly the same, it made me think of her and how much I loved her braid.  So I tried this recipe.  It was pretty easy, didn't require a lot of weird ingredients, and very tasty!  It was when I first tasted the Cinnamon Raisin Braids I realized, "I can do this clean eating thing!"  If you could eat clean and still enjoy something like this from time to time, well, what's not to like!?

Since then I have made this recipe many times.  Once, I was a little lazy so decided to make it into two bread loaves instead of braids.  It turned out really well!  Plus, you can slice it off, toast it and butter it for a nice warm treat.  Today, I did that again.  Whether you choose to make this as braids or as bread, I know you will like it!

NOTE:  To make bread, when you get to step 7 in the recipe (below), divide dough into two equal portions, roll out into a rectangle about the size of a sheet of notebook paper.  Double the recipe for the cinnamon-honey drizzle, and spread it over the top of the dough.  Then roll up from the long side, seal the seams by pinching together, and then put in two well oiled loaf pans.  Allow to raise slightly while you preheat the oven. Bake at 325 for about 45 minutes.

http://www.thenakedkitchen.com/cinnamon-raisin-braids/
EDIT: The site where I got this recipe has a malware issue.  You can sub the bread from this recipe instead.






No comments:

Post a Comment