There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Cinnamon Rolls - pardon my sticky fingers!

I am so excited to share this with you that I still have sticky fingers from eating it!  If you have followed me for any length of time, you may remember that cinnamon raisin braid recipe is one of the recipes that convinced me I could do this clean eating thing.  I continue to go back to this recipe, because it's pretty easy and always good!

Yesterday I thought I was dumping some leftover cinnamon and chopped pecans into an empty container.  It turns out there was a little bit of honey in the bottom.  Not to be wasteful, I just stirred them all together.  I tasted a little on a spoon!  Holy smokes!  I had to do something with this stuff!  So I got to thinking that maybe I could use them to make the center of some cinnamon rolls.

This morning I whipped up a batch of cinnamon raisin braid recipe dough.  Instead of rolling it into individual braids as noted in the direction, I took half the dough and rolled it out into a rectangle.  (The other half you can make as usual, or do two batches of cinnamon rolls.)  I then coated the dough with mixture of honey, chopped pecans, and cinnamon, leaving about 1/4" of dough uncoated.  Roll it up like a jelly roll and cut into individual rolls.  I use dental floss to cut it because it doesn't squish the dough.  Place into a round cake pan, sides touching.  Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or so.  When done, invert over a large plate and allow them to detach from the pan.  And Voila!  Clean eating cinnamon rolls!

Guess what we're having Christmas morning?!


No comments:

Post a Comment