There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Recipes for a Friend

Baby Girl and I went to a bridal shower today for a really darling friend of hers... and mine!  We were supposed to bring a favorite recipe.  Uh... I forgot!  I feel so bad about that I am dedicating this week's menu to her.  She needs some easy yummy recipes, and these are some of the easiest and yummiest I know!

So let's get to the recipes!


Beef bacon butternut squash - I haven't actually ever made this yet, but it I love squash and I love bacon so how can it be wrong?!  This sounds so incredibly tummy-warming I can't wait to try it!

Black bean avocado quesadilla - I have made these before.  I don't always have exactly the ingredients, but quesadillas are the kinds of thing you can adjust based on what's on hand.


 Potato soup - I just love potato soup!  We used to eat this with crusty bread, but now just toss in some whole wheat hard pretzel pieces!

Maura's BBQ - This is so easy!
2 - 3 pounds of stewing beef, cut up
1 6 oz. can tomato paste
1 chopped green pepper
1 chopped onion
1/4 cup chili powder
1 TBSP dry mustard
1 TBSP worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup blackstrap molasses

Mix all ingredients except stewing beef together.  Then stir in beef and coat.  Put in slow cooker and cook 6 hours on high or 10 hours on low.  Serve over cooked rice or noodles.

(Edited to add blackstrap molasses.)

Baked chicken and acorn squash -
I will season the chicken breasts with some olive oil and Italian seasonings and bake at 350 about 30 minutes.
To make acorn squash, cut in half and remove all seeds.  Place face down on a baking sheet and cook for about 30 minutes at 350.

Beef Vegetable Soup
Beef vegetable soup -
Last week I made a rosemary pot roast.  Because the pot roast has onions in it, and some great flavors, I don't really need to add any additional seasoning.

2 cups leftover roast beef, shredded
2 cups mixed vegetables
2 cups vegetable broth
26 oz can crushed tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste
 


We will also have some yummies around the house like:

www.thenakedkitchen.com/cinnamon-raisin-braids

Granola - This is a really great basic recipe.  You can make it as is, as I often do, or you can dress it up with some other favorites.

Keep it clean!






No comments:

Post a Comment