There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Clean Out the Fridge! The Grandparents are Coming!

The grandparents are coming for the holidays and they always bring a ton of food because, apparently you cannot buy food in Maryland!  It's actually pretty amusing how much food they bring.  It took me a long time to realize I don't need to stock the fridge and cupboards for company when they are coming.  They will take care of it for me!  In the meantime, we still have to eat.  So recipes this week are planned mostly around what's in the cupboards.  Save money, makes use of what I have, and frees up space for the grandparents' food!

We had a beautiful beef roast the other day and since it was just the two of us, there are plenty of leftovers that will be repurposed twice this week!  I also have some super easy soup recipes that require things I typically have on hand.  Lots of soup this week, but that's probably a really good thing as we get ready to make room for MR's birthday shoo fly pie (Oh, decidedly NOT clean, but it is an indulgence we both have once a year)!

So what's for supper????

Beef Vegetable Soup

Beef vegetable soup - Yep, leftover beef, broth, crushed tomatoes, whatever vegetables you like, add some seasonings.  So easy.  So versatile.

Barbecue beef sandwiches - More leftover beef, mixed with MR's barbecue sauce recipe -- mostly tomato paste, blackstrap molasses, mustard, and honey.

Chicken Tortilla Soup - I have some leftover cooked chicken, so I will make this soup and add some chopped up chicken to it!  The best part is I can then have leftovers for lunch the next day!

Chicken Coconut Soup - I told you there would be a lot of soup this week.  This is really good stuff.

Veggie and black bean burritos - I still haven't tried this recipe... maybe this week!  I have some whole wheat tortillas I need to use up!

Chili - It's a go to when you can't think of anything else... and that's where I am right now.  Out of ideas!

This isn't supper but I have to keep telling you... MAKE THESE!  So good!
Flourless cranberry scones - Did you make these yet!?  I cannot tell you how truly quick and easy they are!  And so very tasty!  I will have to make some more in preparation for Christmas morning!

So what are you eating this week?  Just keep it clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment