There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, January 5, 2014

3-INGREDIENT (or so) RECIPES aka Make it Easy!

My blog tool keeps track of views on each post.  I was totally amazed at the number of hits my 3-Ingredient Dessert post got.  TONS more than my usual average.  So I reposted it the other day and nearly doubled the views!  Okay, message received.  You want EASY recipes with minimal ingredients.  I totally understand that.  We try to keep it simple too.  You have to, whether you work, have a family, or both.  Nobody wants to spend a lot of time cooking when there is so much more to do!  But we all want to eat healthy. Going forward, I will make every effort to keep my menu plans super simple, with common and minimal ingredients.

I have already made my menu for this week, but just for you I will provide a list of some of my favorite super easy, super yummy recipes!  Keep it clean!

First, though, I know what you're really looking for is a quick and easy snack or treat, aren't you?!  No cake mixes here, but you can make Lara-type bars in just minutes with just a few ingredients.

Fudge brownie bars - This just requires nuts, dates, cocoa powder, and a little vanilla.  You whizz everything together in the food processor and mash them into a dish.  Done.

Coconut cookie balls - This one calls for just two ingredients!!!  Coconut butter and dates.  Again, stick it all in the food processor.  Whirr!  Done!

There are tons of  ^^ these type recipes online.  Just Google it!

And now some of my favorite easy recipes for lunch or supper!

Rosemary pot roast -  It just doesn't get any easier than this.  It's a slow cooker recipe, so that's always a win to me.  And you need just a few things:  beef, coconut oil, onion, rosemary, Worcestershire sauce.  This has the added bonus of potentially providing some leftovers for soup too!

Creamy tomato soup - Growing up this was my go to, but of course that was the red and white label can.  I would even suggest you might want to spice it up just a little with a blend of herbs.  The main ingredients, though, are tomato paste, coconut milk, and garlic.

Grown up grilled cheese - Pair that tomato soup with some yummy grilled cheese.  The ingredients to this are flexible, of course.  The critical parts are clean bread, real cheese, and how it's cooked (see link)!

Pizza! - The kids love it, you love it!  So why not make it?  You can find lots of clean (whole wheat) pizza dough recipes online ... and it really doesn't take as long to make as you think.  Or if you have a Trader Joe's nearby, pick up their fresh dough from the refrigerator case.  We keep some in the freezer at all times.  It thaws fairly quickly and makes a great quick dinner.  When we make pizza sauce it makes quite a bit so we usually have that on hand (in the freezer) too.  Add your favorite toppings!  Just keep it clean!

Spinach and feta stuffed chicken - This has just a few more than 3 ingredients, but many are items you would likely have in your pantry anyway.  This only takes about 30 minutes and, if you're a planner, you could prepare them one day and bake them the next!

Veggie and black bean burritos - I have a confession to make... when I made these I didn't have all the ingredients.  So I omitted the jalapenos and replaced the red pepper with a half of a green pepper I had.  I didn't have any fresh cilantro so just sprinkled a little dried on it.  Fresh lime juice.. uh no. My point is, take a recipe like this and wing it!  I also pre-cooked the sweet potatoes, but that doesn't really take all that long and you can be getting everything else ready while they are baking.

Meat and veg - I have found that the real key to cooking clean is spices.  You don't really need fancy recipes all the time.  Just season chicken breast with a little olive oil and some Italian seasoning and bake.  Pair it with some steamed vegetables.  Same thing with beef.  Season it and grill it or broil it.  I know what you'd really like is for someone to prepare the food and have it ready for you.  Me too!  I can't do that, but I can try to help you keep it simple!  And keep it clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment