There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Let Me Tell You About This Chicken

I made this chicken tonight.  Except, as usual, I didn't quite follow the recipe as written.  I tend to do that a lot.  I don't have all the ingredients, or not quite enough, or just plain don't like something.  So I tweak as I go.  Sometimes it's a fail.  This was not a fail!

Here is what I ended up doing:  (This is adapted from a recipe found at www.eatdrinkpaleo.com.au)


  • 1.5 pounds chicken tenderloins
  • 5 tsps paprika
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp coriander seeds powder (grind coriander seeds with mortar & pestle)
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 3 tbsps olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
  • 1 tsp lime juice (plus a little) 
  • Coconut oil for frying
  1. Mix all marinade ingredients in a large bowl.  Coat chicken with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for at least one hour before grilling.
  2. Heat one teaspoon of coconut oil in a frying pan until sizzling hot. Fry chicken pieces for 3 minutes on each side and then remove to a plate to rest. 
  3. Remove cooked chicken to a serving plate and drizzle with more lime juice before serving.
Dip in Ranch dressing, if desired.

You could also make these into wraps.  I might have that for lunch tomorrow!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment