There was an error in this gadget

Friday, January 31, 2014

Peanut Butter Cookie Cereal!

I was going to make cinnamon pecan crunch cereal from cavegirlcuisine.com, because it's awesome!  But MR failed to mention that he had used the last of the pecans to make slow cooker steel cut oats (sometimes he uses pecans instead of the walnuts listed in the recipe).  I already had the sunflowers and the coconut in the bowl, so I was making SOMETHING!  Then I realized I was out of almond butter! Seriously?!  What is going on in my kitchen?  What I ended up with was this great recipe for cereal that tastes like peanut butter cookies.  The crunchy kind!  But with no flour and no sugar.  So the healthy kind too!  You could also mix this with Greek yogurt.  That would be FAB-ulous!



Peanut Butter Cookie Cereal

1/2 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
1 cup unsweetened coconut
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts
2 heaping TBSP peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
2 TBSP coconut flour
2 TBSP almond meal (or almond flour)
1 TBSP cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease a 9x13 baking pan (cake pan) with a little coconut oil.  Mix ingredients together in a bowl, blending well.  Pour mixture into baking pan and press mixture down firmly and evenly.  Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned.  Allow to cool.  Break apart and serve in airtight container.  Serve with almond milk or mixed into Greek yogurt.

This is so easy and takes so little time.  And then I have it all week long.  Hope you enjoy it! Keep it Clean!




No comments:

Post a Comment