There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Menu Time... and Special Valentine Treats!

Do you know that today is the first of the month AND a Saturday AND the day before the Super Bowl?!  I was NOT going to the grocery store on this particular day, no sirree!  So instead of my usual Saturday menu planning and grocery shopping, I did an abbreviated list earlier this week and #1 son went to the grocery store while I was working.  I sure appreciate that!  I will, however, get to the store sometime in the next few days to get the rest of what I will need to make the menu below.

With Valentine's Day coming up, I want to make some special treats too so I have included some great extras at the end.  I have also included my new peanut butter cookie cereal - just can't believe how good this turned out! - and MR's Oatmeal Awesome Cookie recipe.  You won't want to miss them!


Black beans and rice - This recipe is listed in the blog linked.  Good stuff!  And so fast, if you remember to make the rice ahead of time!

Creamy Tomato Soup - This is as easy as it gets, folks!  Keep in mind, this should be paired with a protein.

Venison or Beef Goulash Soup - This looks absolutely beautiful!  I will use grass-fed beef, but you can also use venison.

Crispy Fried Rice - This is one of the first recipes I made when we started clean eating.  MR made some recently when he presented to a culinary class.  I love this stuff and it is pretty quick and easy. You can add some chopped up cooked chicken for protein!

Hamburgers and and slow cooker baked beans - We are pretty much tired of Winter and thought maybe this would make us feel better.  Besides, the baked beans are really amazing!

Stuffed Peppers - Baby Girl is making these for us sometime this week.  She just told me what to get at the store, and she will make them.  I am sure they will be wonderful and then I will get her to share her recipe with you!

Some other great recipes for you to try!

Peanut Butter Cookie Cereal - I set out to make cinnamon pecan crunch cereal, but once I started throwing ingredients in the bowl, I realized I didn't have everything I needed.  What's a girl to do?  I improvised and came up with this!  You can eat it as a cereal, or mix it into plain Greek yogurt for a really great breakfast!  (Or you can just snack on it!)

Wine Jigglers - The wine in these isn't clean, but the rest of the ingredients are!  Valentine's Day is the perfect time for just a little cheat like this!  For adults only!!!

Tiramisu Brownies - grain free - Tiramisu?  Brownies? But of course!  Another great idea for Valentine's Day!

No Bake Chili Brownies - Mexican spices and chocolate is such a fantastic blend of flavors!  If you haven't tried it yet, don't wait another day!  These taste like they are baked, but are fresh, raw, and super fast to make!




Cheesecake!- Cheesecake, even the clean kind, takes a little longer, but if you have a special Valentine, this is worth the extra effort.  So good!  (Oh yeah!  I definitely want some of this!)






Oatmeal Awesome Cookies - These are my new family favorite cookie!  MR whipped up this recipe one day while I was at work.  I think I need to make him some tiramisu brownies to pay him back!  The kids love them and we love them!

Whatever you are eating this week, remember to Keep it Clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment