There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Clean Eating Ideas ... Keeping it Simple!

I am not sure where the last couple of few weeks have gone.  Between weather, work, things to do at home, I have barely had time to turn around.  I did cook over the past couple few weeks but just haven't had time to tell you about it!

Things don't seem to be slowing down and now that we have changed the clocks I can get out in the evening for my walk.  So less time to write, but it also means suppers have to be super simple! Marinara sauce is a little time consuming but I made it the other day and we can eat it again later in the week.  Today is a stay-at-home-and-getting-something-done day so we will throw something in the slow cooker... set it and forget it!

Hey!  Did you see that pizza I made last night?  It wasn't the same as eating a wheat crust, of course, but it was light yet filling, so I really enjoyed it.  I am thinking I can use the basic recipe for some other things, so stay tuned to see what happens!

This week's menu:

No week would be complete without making some granola and some peanut butter cookie cereal.  You can eat either of these as a cereal, alone as a snack, or mixed with Greek yogurt.  Good stuff!  And when it's in the oven, the house smells amazing.  I allow it to cool completely and store it in big glass jars.

Going to make some Thin-ner Mints too! GS Cookie recipes

Slow cooker baked beans and Hebrew National all beef hot dogs

Hamburgers on the grill and leftover beans (see above)

Whole wheat pasta with marinara sauce (everyone else has the pasta, I make "noodles" with a zucchini and saute those for me)

Lime cilantro chicken  with ranch dressing for dipping (add chipotle seasoning for zing) and sweet potato fries (baked)

Breakfast for supper - mini quiche, toast, and fruit

Shepherd's pie

Pizza with either whole wheat pizza crust or coconut flour pizza crust 

This week is a Trader Joe's and Whole Foods stock-up kind of week, so that means I will be loading up on unsweetened coconut, dates, nuts, quinoa, and other delights!  What are you up to this week?  Whatever it is, Keep it Clean!










No comments:

Post a Comment