There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Recipes for the Week... There Will Be Cookies!

First things first....  I made more cookies this morning.  I am freezing  about half because otherwise I will eat every single one today!  These turned out very good, and I think it's the kind of recipe you can pretty much add whatever makes you happy.

Coconut-Pecan Cookies (grain free) 

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup coconut crystals
1 cup cashew meal
2 eggs
1/3 cup coconut flour
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup cup pecan bits
1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut


Blend butter and coconut crystals until creamy.  Mix in cashew meal and coconut flour.  Then add eggs. Blend thoroughly.  Add vanilla and cinnamon and mix.  Stir in pecan bits and coconut.

Drop by spoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheet.  Bake in preheated oven at 350 for about 10 minutes. Allow to cool thoroughly before removing from parchment.  And I didn't do it, but I think these would be awesome with a little drizzle of melted chocolate on top!

More things I plan to make (plan being the operative word.... sometimes my plans go very awry!) this week:

Oatmeal raisin cookies for #1 Son's lunch.  They won't be clean, but he will eat them and they will have oatmeal in them, so I count that as a win.

Granola!  Have to make granola.  I lovethe Gracious Pantry's granola recipe.  So versatile, but really awesome just as written.

Peanut butter eggs.  My family loves these at Easter time, and I am really happy I found a clean recipe for them.  I personally don't care for them, but I am happy to make them for others!

Pesto Chicken Sandwiches - I love these!  A really good loaf of sourdough is a wonder to behold.  I buy mine fresh from Panera.  They will slice it the way you want it.  Plus, you know they just baked it last night!

Marinara sauce with whole wheat pasta (maybe I will make zucchini noodles for me) and a salad.

Breakfast for supper.  This might be eggs, pancakes, waffles.  Hard to say.  But it will be clean, whatever it is!

Mediterranean Quinoa salad - This is especially awesome because 1) I can make it ahead and 2) I often have leftovers I can take for lunch!  Win!

Bacon cheeseburgers -  I know you can make these without a recipe!!!  Try a slice of avocado on top too!

Pizza day!  MR will make his own whole wheat crust and dress it up with homemade sauce, quattro formaggio and Ciao pepperoni.from Trader Joe's.  Good stuff!

Grilled chicken, asparagus, and roasted potatoes with truffle salt.  If you don't have truffle salt, no worries!  Just use a little sea salt, Himalayan salt, whatever you have!

Rosemary pot roast  (from today) will be made into beef vegetable soup at some point.  The leftovers from this make the best sandwiches or soup!  So much flavor, you won't believe!

Have to run.  Busy day ahead.  I hope some of these recipes are helpful to you!



No comments:

Post a Comment