There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Recipes.. Including Chocolate Mousse!

It's been a while since I wrote a post.  It certainly hasn't been a while since I ate something clean or made a new recipe.  It's just been a little busy around here.  This beautiful weather is keeping me outside too!  Today was no exception.  We did a 10-mile round trip bike ride with a leisurely stop in the middle of it for a wonderful lunch.  We sat outside and took our time enjoying our meal.  A great way to spend some time.  I have been logging a fair amount of miles walking too.  Just 1-1/2 miles at a time most times, but they add up after a while!  But every step counts.

We are coming into a holiday weekend but before we get to some great summertime recipes, let's see what we can put together this week just to keep me going until the weekend!

Marinara sauce with whole wheat pasta and a salad

Pizza - Trader Joe's whole wheat crust, their Quattro Fromaggio cheese, and your favorite toppings!

Grilled chicken and salad - We just rub chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle on Italian seasoning, a little salt and pepper, and it's ready to grill.  Make your salad the way you like it!  Ours usually depends a lot on what happens to be in the crisper.

Rosemary pot roast - This isn't exactly a summertime dish, but I will be home so can throw this in the crockpot in the morning and have it ready when MR gets home.  Friday is farmer's market night, so I like to have something ready to go so we can get to market!

Southwest quinoa salad, maybe wrapped up in whole wheat tortillas!  Plus this makes a fair amount and I can eat it for lunch for a few days.

If I make a treat, it's usually something raw.  Mostly because a lot of those recipes can be made in no time.  My new favorite is chocolate mousse.  Which is also vegan, if you're into that.  I found it at My Whole Food Life.  (She really does some awesome recipes!)  So this week's yummy treat:

Chocolate Mousse
1 ripe avocado
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup agave (I use honey)
1/4 cup almond milk (I didn't have any so used coconut cream)
1 tsp vanilla

Puree!  Put into dishes and chill.  Eat!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment