There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Down with "Easy 3-Ingredient" Recipes!

I am working on not letting things annoy me, but I am really having trouble getting past a "great recipe" with "only three ingredients" where the ingredients are prepared foods filled with tons of crap.  It is misleading.  And it usually isn't very healthy.  I just ran across another one for pulled pork barbecue where two of the three ingredients were prepared barbecue sauce and soda.  Guess what the third one was??

Because all of these recipes are "so easy" it might make you think that eating clean is not.  Well, I am here to tell you it is. I am as lazy as they come, and I don't want to spend my life in the kitchen... although I do occasionally get a wild hair and spend all morning cooking.  But you don't have to make super-complicated meals to eat healthy.  Frankly, dinner should be as easy as you can get....  protein (for instance, grilled chicken) and veggies.  Don't overcomplicate it!  I just rub chicken breasts with a little olive oil and sprinkle some Italian seasonings on it.  Throw it on the grill.  I make more than we will eat so I can have leftovers to throw on salad.  Seriously.  Or toss a roast in the crockpot and make balsamic pot roast.

Where it probably gets more complicated for you is snacking.  Because what's easier than opening a bag of Doritos?  Yeah, I get it.  When you want a snack you don't want to have to work too hard for it.  That's where planning and prepping comes in.  But sometimes, you don't even have to do that.  One of our favorite snacks is plain Greek yogurt with some homemade granola mixed in.  Throw on some blueberries if you like.

The hardest part of adhering to a new way of eating is not getting bored, and you really shouldn't have that problem with clean eating.  If there is something you really love, there is probably a recipe for it!  If there isn't, let me know, and let's see what we can do!  But just don't get sucked into all those "easy 3-ingredient" recipes. 

Okay... whew... now I feel better.  When I see one of those recipes I just have to counter it with something better, and better for you!  Hope you're keeping it clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment