There was an error in this gadget

Friday, August 8, 2014

Stuck for Ideas? Recipes too!

A lot of people feel like one of the hardest parts of maintaining a clean eating lifestyle is eating when you're away from home.  I hear you!  Boy, do I hear you!  I am fortunate to be able to take my breakfast, lunch, and snacks with me to work.  In an effort to make your life easier, I want to share some of my favorites that I take to work.

I try to pack my food the night before because, let's face it, I am not inclined to think too well at 5:30 in the morning!


I always (pretty much always) make a batch of granola over the weekend.  This is the easiest thing in the world to take to work.  I put the granola in one container, and some milk (I use almond, you use what you like) in a jar, and when I get to work I dump the milk over the granola and warm it up in the microwave for about a minute.  So good!  It would be a good idea to have a hard boiled egg too.... have to get some protein to start your day!  But you know what else is really good?!  Mix some of that granola into a cup of plain Greek yogurt.  Drizzle it with honey if you like!  Oh yes!!!

MR's slow cooker steel cut oats are the bomb!  He makes them just about every Sunday so we always have this as an option for breakfast.  Same as the granola:  oats in one container, milk in another, and combine them and warm them up at work.

The whole wheat pancakes might be something leftover from weekend breakfast.  You can actually put these in the toaster!  Then add fruit or real maple syrup!

If you don't have a way to heat things up at work, hard boiled eggs and fresh fruit are always an easy winner.

Most of the snacks you can figure out but here is the recipe for apple pie balls and a variety of lara-type bars.  I love love love apple pie balls, but the lara bars are easier to make because I can get Medjool dates easier than I can get figs. Either way, good choices to have around anytime!

Lunch for both of us is usually leftovers.  Again, we are able to heat things up at work, so that helps!  But when we don't have leftovers, I try to have some options in the freezer.  Sweet potato quinoa burgers and grain-free pizza are two of my favorites.  I make the pizzas in personal size pans.  If you make them big, you really need to use a cast iron skillet.  Even so, you can cut them into slices and freeze those too.  And when leftovers and the freezer fail you, hard boil some eggs and make egg salad.  Or throw together a salad!  

Probably even harder than going to work is traveling!  I have lots of ideas for that too... I promise a blog is coming soon on that topic!  Stay tuned and stay clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment