There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Zucchini Primavera

Okay, I have said it before and I will say it again... Waste not, want not!  I know that sometimes clean eating can seem expensive.  But when you plan, plan, plan, it does save money.  Last night I made a sort of a primavera kind of thing that really was just ingredients that I had in the house.  I had already pre-cooked chicken earlier in the week to throw into salads or something.  I used some of that, some beautiful little zucchinis I bought at the farm stand, and the rest was just what was available.  In this case, it was half of a tomato and some frozen sugar peas.  It was totally edible and so quick!


Zucchini Primavera

1 chicken breast, cooked and chopped
3 small zucchini
2 TBSP olive oil, divided
A few very thin slices of onion
2 or 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 tsp Red pepper flakes
1 or more fresh or frozen vegetables, for a total of about 1-1/2 cups
1 cup grape tomatoes
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated

Grate the zucchini.  Heat 1 TBSP olive oil in a skillet.  Add onion, garlic (up to 3 depending on how garlicky you like your food) and red pepper flakes.  Saute and stir gently until the garlic begins to brown.  Add another TBSP of olive oil.  Allow the oil to heat up a minute or so, then add the grated zucchini.  Saute, stirring gently occasionally.  Add grape tomatoes and saute.  Add chicken to heat through.  Then add other vegetables and cover to steam.  Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.  Makes about 3 big servings.




No comments:

Post a Comment