There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies... in a Skillet!

I really didn't intend to write another post today.  My plan was to just write the one that I posted earlier and then do a lot of prep cooking for the week.  Well, I did both, but some of these recipes turned out so well that I just had to share!  So this will be quick, but with lots of tasties for you to try!

First, I made yogurt.  This time though, I used a slow cooker!  I am so lazy that I hate to stand there and stir while it heats up.  It takes a long time.  It takes even longer in the slow cooker, but at least I can ignore it for a couple of hours.  It is still in the sitting around at 100 degrees stage, but here I am... writing!!

Next, I tried my hand at bagels.  Not your traditional New York style ones, but a clean and low carb version.  I had trouble getting them out of the pan, but the taste was good.  The texture was more like a cake donut, but that's okay too... as long as you know to expect it.

I also made a big batch of coconut chicken fingers.  I can take these for lunch, throw them into a salad, whatever.  And they are good warm or cold!  They really only take about 30 minutes to make start to finish.

I had made cauliflower rice the other day and there was a fair amount left.  I didn't want it to go to waste so I used it to make hot pockets!  I used asiago cheese in the crust because I had some to use up and mozzarella and pepperoni on the insides.

I also made a big pot of chili for #1 Son and MR.  But the piece-de-resistance was.... drum roll please....   Skillet chocolate chip cookies!
 I don't have a big iron skillet anymore so I used personal size pizza pans and made two!  The directions say you don't have to use an iron skillet but I like baking in these.  I subbed coconut sugar for the sweetener so it has a little more carbs, but these are really amazing!  I hope you'll try them!


No comments:

Post a Comment