There was an error in this gadget

Friday, November 7, 2014

Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie and some low carb info

You may have noticed a shift in some of the recipes I am posting.  I told you a little while back that I was using MyFitnessPal app to track things.  As I noted then, the beauty of clean eating for me has been that I don't have to count things.  I just eat whole foods in their most natural state.  But that just didn't seem to be enough anymore.  I had gotten off track somehow so I decided to start watching my carb intake.  I did that the whole month of September and definitely started seeing a difference.

I limited the carbs quite a bit in that month.  Since then I have adjusted it upward a little but still keeping it what most would consider "low carb,"  One thing I have learned along the way is that it is not usually just one thing.  Not just calories.  Not just carbs.  It is a ratio of all the good stuff.  With MyFitnessPal I can track calories, carbs, fats, and proteins, and more.  I personally just pay attention to the carbs, fats, and proteins.  And of course I still make sure I eat foods as close to their natural state as possible.

Based on what I have read, it's important to get the right kind of fat, and enough of it. You probably already know you need protein.  But did you know you can get too much of that?  This where the app comes in so handy!  You figure out your own ratios and then it helps you stay within those.  **If you want more information about ratios and stuff, just leave a comment and I can help you one on one.  It really depends on what you want.**

I can't weigh myself because my scale died!  But I am fitting into some things that were getting too tight.  And that is the best feeling, isn't it?  I am not saying you should do low carb.  I am just saying it seems to be working for me.  And I'm not having any trouble finding good things to eat.

This is what I ate one day this week....

Breakfast - French Toast Puff (I don't use syrup with me because it saves me a couple carbs)

Snack - 1/2 Low Carb Bagel

Lunch - Pumpkin Chipotle Soup, Hebrew National Hot Dog , 2 peanut butter fat bombs

Snack - cup of beef broth

Dinner - Coconut Chicken Finger on romaine lettuce with Romano Caesar dressing, Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie

That skillet cookie is the amazingest!!!  And everyone that has tried the Pumpkin Chipotle Soup wants the recipe!

You you know you want a piece of that skillet cookie!  Go get you some!


No comments:

Post a Comment