There was an error in this gadget

Friday, November 21, 2014

Comfort Foods... Soups and Desserts!

I just don't know where the time has been going!  I haven't written a post in a while, and I have even been slacking on posting recipes to my Facebook page.  I see a lot of really good recipes, but I just haven't been able to find time to try them out.  I'm pretty sure it's because it's dark by the time I get home so I feel like it's almost bedtime.  I definitely don't get as much done in the evening this time of year.

I have been giving a lot of thought to the upcoming holidays though!  I don't do a lot for Thanksgiving, as the MIL handles that.  And MR makes the pie... so it's clean!  They don't have to know that, and you don't have to tell them.  I am making big plans for Christmas, though.  I have been making mental lists of different things I'd like to make.  I have no idea what the big entree will be, but boy do I have plans for sides, desserts, and snacks!  So those will be coming up soon.  Just not today.  I am testing a recipe today that I hope will be a big winner so I can share it.

For now, you get to peek at what's on the menu at our house.  Since we have Thanksgiving weekend, I don't have to make a big list so here is what I have

Broccoli and Cheddar soup.  If you eat bread, serve it with a big hunk of crusty bread to soak up all that goodness!

Peanut Butter Dirt Cake  - MR said to me one day that he'd like some dirt cake.  And the very next day I ran across this recipe, without even looking for one!  I can't wait to try it.

Pumpkin Chipotle Soup - This is my new go-to super-easy soup.  It is full of flavor -- and not pumpkin-y tasting -- and always a big hit.  I make a batch and eat leftovers for lunch all week.  Very willingly, I might add!

Almond Butter Pumpkin Bars
Frittata - This recipe is really versatile.  You can follow it as written or do what I do -- throw in what you have.  For me, it's more likely that I will have sundried tomatoes, and Parmesan or asiago cheese, so that's what I use.  Use what's available and what you like.  It'll be awesome.

Oh you know what??  What the heck.  I will share that recipe with you that I am trying out today.  I am not serving it until tomorrow, but gosh... it's almond butter and pumpkin... how can that be bad?  I added chopped pecans and dried cranberries (no sugar added) for a little extra. You can pretty much add what you want, within reason, I guess!
Almond Butter Pumpkin Bars - Here!... go make you some!



No comments:

Post a Comment