There was an error in this gadget

Friday, December 19, 2014

Mug Cheesecake! What?!

You know all those great mug recipes?  Muffin in a mug, cake in a mug, even meatloaf in a mug!  I love those things.  So easy to make one or two servings.  Well, how about cheesecake in a mug?!  I know!  How awesome  is that?  I couldn't believe it when I saw the recipe at ww.hungrylittlegirl.com!  I mean, who does that?!  This girl, that's who!   (Lots of exclamation points over this one, but so worth it!!!!)

Anyway, I just happened to have the ingredients on hand to make it, because it really isn't complicated.  I like recipes that don't require weird stuff.  Like xantham gum.  Oh my gosh, you need like two granules of that stuff when you use it, but it comes in an 8 ounce bag that costs a LOT!  Anyway, I digress..  Because there is no xanthan gum in this recipe.  Just normal stuff.  Oh, and I lied.  I didn't exactly have all the ingredients as the recipe was written so I improvised.  Plus, I don't use regular confectioners sugar  And the original recipe also called for fat free or low fat things... and I don't do that.  (My body likes the fat I eat.  It really helps me stay on track better when I consume enough fat.)  I also omitted the vanilla wafer (white flour!!! No!)  So the recipe I am posting is adapted from this recipe and you can use that one if you prefer, but mine turned out totally awesome.  Just so you know!

I made my own confectioners sugar because... well, because I can!  And so can you.  I made a whole cup even though I didn't need that much.  I figured there will be another opportunity to use it, and now I have some already made sitting in a jar in my cupboard!

Confectioners Sugar (makes 1 cup)

1 cup coconut sugar (or other preferred sugar/sugar substitute)
1 tsp corn starch

Whiz together in a small grinder until powdery soft.  It won't take long.  I used a clean coffee grinder.  (The quantity is too small to use most food processors.)
Using coconut sugar makes it darker, but it has the right texture and sweetness so it works.

Cheesecake in a Mug (makes two servings)

1/4 cup confectioners sugar (see above)
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
6 TBSP cream cheese
1/4 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg, beaten

Mix together all ingredients in a bowl until smooth.  Divide among two coffee mugs.  Microwaving one mug at a time, microwave on high 1 minute.  Let it sit for about 30 seconds.  Then microwave again for 1 minute.  Remove from microwave, and then do the second mug.  When they are both done, allow to rest for about 10 minutes.  Refrigerate for at least two hours.  Enjoy!

I am so serious when I tell you this is awesome cheesecake!  I haven't experimented with mixing in fruit or anything yet.  What is your favorite cheesecake flavor?

I couldn't get a great picture because it didn't pop out of the mug very pretty.  Plus it was so yummy I had eaten half of it before I realized I better take one so I can share it with you!  Sorry about that!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment