There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Time to Make the Donuts... Paleo Donuts!

It's been a while since I wrote and published a post.  I write lots of them... they just don't all get published.  Sometimes I just use it as a way to keep track of recipes.  But it's about time I got back to sharing some of those recipes, don't you think?!

It's been crazy hot here on the eastern seaboard, as I guess it has just about everywhere, in the US at least.  It was even plenty warm the one day I was in Canada this summer.  And not "warm for Canada" kind of warm.  It was pretty hot, actually!  But I enjoyed it.  We went to Buffalo and then of course had to see the infamous Niagara Falls.  MR had never been to the Falls or Canada, so we checked both those of his list that day!  Our G-Bird lives in Buffalo now so we will likely get there again.  Soon, I hope!

So all that just to say, it's really been too hot to cook!  Meals at home have been a lot of salads or something we can put on the grill.  Dear SIL turned us onto a tool for our grill so we can grill veggies easy-peasy!  Grilled zucchini, onions, and mushrooms (not necessarily together, but not necessarily not either) were pretty much a staple this summer.  So easy!  So tasty!

Anyway, I've been home alone this week.  Often a recipe for trouble but I have actually behaved myself!  Last night Baby Girl and I went out to dinner.  We sat by the water and enjoyed a nice meal.  I love spending time with my kiddos!

But as I said, home alone often leads to boredom, which instead of trouble this time led to perusing recipes online, which led to the one that is in the oven right now!  Lemon Poppy Seed Donuts!



You can go straight to the original recipe at the link but I've also copied it here.  It's not mine, it is from Paleo Grubs, but sometimes when I link to stuff and then the links get broken or pages get taken down I can't find the recipe, so I have started to post the recipe as well as link to it.  But all credit, as far as I know, goes to http://paleogrubs.com/.   I just love to have something like this in the house when I'm feeling snack-y!

What are you eating this week?!  Remember to keep it clean!

Ingredients
  1. 1/3 cup coconut flour
  2. 1 tbsp arrowroot flour
  3. 1 tsp baking soda
  4. pinch of salt
  5. 1 tsp lemon juice
  6. 1 tsp lemon zest
  7. 1 tbsp poppy seeds
  8. 2 large eggs
  9. 2 tbsp liquid coconut oil
  10. 2 tbsp honey
  11. ½ cup almond milk
  12. coconut oil for greasing a pan
For glaze
  1. 2 tbsp warm honey
  2. ¼ cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
  3. 1 tsp poppy seeds
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a standard donut pan with coconut oil. Set aside.
  2. In a stand mixer, combine the coconut flour, arrowroot flour, baking soda and pinch of salt.
  3. Add in the milk, eggs, honey, coconut oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, poppy seeds and mix to combine.
  4. Allow the batter to rest for about 5 minutes to ensure the moisture is absorbed by the coconut flour.
  5. Divide the batter evenly between the 6 donut molds. Bake for 17- 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean and donuts are set.
  6. Remove the pan from the oven and let cool for 20 minutes.
  7. Gently remove the donuts from the pan. Brush the donuts with warm honey and sprinkle with desiccated coconut and poppy seeds.

1 comment:

  1. Let us know your honest opinion of these! They look good.

    ReplyDelete