There was an error in this gadget

Monday, October 10, 2016

It's Easy to Fall in Love With Autumn!

There is a bit of a chill in the air this morning which makes me excited for all my Fall favorites!  Sometimes there will be pumpkin (but not today!), but mostly it will just be belly-filling, amazing flavors warming your heart!

This week's featured item is something for your hurry-up-run-out-the-door mornings.  Make them ahead and, as the title suggests, Grab and Go!  I told you before, I don't do a lot of prep, but making a batch of muffins on the weekend is easy!  And I am all about easy!

Featured recipe:  Grab n Go Pancake Muffins
A couple notes about these muffins -- I made them once with freeze dried berries and once with frozen berries.  The freeze dried were better because they didn't impact the consistency of the batter.  I also made them once using 1/4 cup real maple syrup in place of the sweetener.  I loved this!!  But if you use maple syrup, add just a little more almond flour to keep the batter from being too runny. Doesn't matter how you make them... just make them!!

Since I gave you a grab and go breakfast recipe this week, I still have to come up with some dinner entrees.  But that's okay, because I have a bunch of great ones.  The thing about eating clean and healthy is that it really does open you up to a lot of great recipes.  I try to keep them simple and without a lot of weird ingredients, because in addition to eating clean, I am all about easy.  I think I already said that, but it bears repeating!  My recipe collections are about clean AND easy!!  So check them out....

While it's still not really cold, let's fire up the grill!  I love the taste of fried shallots.  Make a lot and you can keep them handy to throw on top of salads.  You will be so glad you did.  Amazing flavor!

Grilled Chicken with sauteed shallots and rosemary.  Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper (or whatever you want.... maybe a little lemon pepper?) grill as usual.  While that's going on, thickly slick 4 medium shallots, saute in 4 tablespoons coconut oil with 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped rosemary.    When you take the chicken off the grill, give it a quick turn in the pan with the shallots and rosemary to sear in the flavors.  Serve with a green salad.

Stuffed Sweet Potatoes - I love quinoa.  It is so versatile and so good for you!  This recipe is stuffed with amazing flavors.  You won't believe you're eating healthy!

Parmesan Chicken Tenders - These are adult and kid friendly!  Dip them in whatever makes you happy, serve them up with some baked sweet potato fries!

Meatballs alla Parmigiana - These are my absolutely favorite meatballs!  They are low carb, but they are also full of flavor.  They freeze well too!  Pair them up with my....

Super Easy Marinara:

2 TBSP olive oil
Medium onion, chopped
1 tsp. chopped garlic
3/4 cup frozen mixed peppers
1 small carrot, finely chopped
2  26 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup red wine (optional)
1 or 2 TBSP Italian seasoning (to your taste)

Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat.  Add onions and cook a few minutes until they start to soften.  Add garlic and cook another minute or so.  Add mixed peppers and carrot.  Cook and stir about 5 or 6 minutes until they begin to soften.  Add crushed tomatoes, red wine, and seasoning.  Stir and heat until it's warmed through.  Turn heat to low, cover pan, and allow to simmer at least one hour, stirring occasionally.

I'm not going to kid you, I think the wine really makes this sauce amazing!  But if you don't have it, or prefer not to use it, it will still be fine.

Balsamic Pot Roast - I love making a pot roast.  First, it's a crock pot thing so that makes my life easy.  Second, there are almost always leftovers so I can make sandwiches, soup, or just eat it!!  And did I mention it's easy?!  (Did I also mention how much I like things to be easy?!)

Chili - Always a cold weather favorite!  We make this different ways, depending on what I have in the cupboard!  This week:
1 pound ground beef, cook and stir over medium high heat until cooked through and crumbly
About halfway through cooking the meat:
Add 1 onions (chopped)
1/2 cup fresh or frozen mixed peppers
Once all that is cooked through, add:
26 oz can of crushed tomatoes
15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
15 oz can of pintos, drained and rinsed
Chili powder to taste
Stir and heat thoroughly.  Turn heat to low and simmer 30 minutes or more.

Making this list is making me hungry!  I better get to the store and get busy!  What are you eating this week?  Whatever it is... Keep it Clean!

Also, if you haven't already -- sign up for my once weekly emails!  I will send you recipes every week.  But only once a week!  I will not sell or share your contact information.  I will not try to sell you any products.  This blog is just to help spread the good word about clean eating!  Just enter your email in the tool on the left.  So easy.... remember when I said I like things easy?!







No comments:

Post a Comment