There was an error in this gadget

Friday, November 18, 2016

Gotta Have it.... Almond Joy Smoothie!!! (Plus a Meal Plan!)

I skipped a week! Did you miss me?  I did it for a very good reason though (the WHY comes later.... keep reading!)  I have found myself struggling to stay on track with clean eating.  A cheat here, one little non-clean snack there... and it soon was adding up.  Adding up to pounds.  Which was just irritating me to no end.  A couple years ago when I lost 30 pounds on clean eating, I got rid of all my clothes from the "before" me.  Since I didn't want to have to start buying in that size again, when I realized how badly the pounds were creeping up I decided I just really needed to get serious again!

Besides eating some non-clean foods (processed, mostly.... boo!) I was also trying to introduce new eating plans into my lifestyle.  I don't know why I did that, since clean eating works for me, but I did... and I think some of that may have contributed to the changes.  I played around with low carb, even super low carb (keto-ish), and some other things.  But recently I was thinking about how easy it was (for me) to drop weight while eating frequently and enjoying really good food, the clean eating way.  And so I decided to go back to the very beginning.

I dug out the first two books I read on the subject.  One is more of a recipe book but it gave me some good meal plan ideas too -- "Try-it-Diet: Eating Clean." And the other one, "Just The Rules," was written by Tosca Reno who I guess is something of a legend in the clean eating world.  If you are stuck for how to get started, I really recommend both books. They helped me understand clean eating and get my start, so why not go back there and do my Restart?!  So here I am ... restarting.  Join me if you like.

And now the reason I skipped a week....  I want to start bringing you, at least occasionally, but maybe not weekly, meal plans again.  So I took a week off to log my own meals and snacks.  You may not want to eat what I eat, and that is perfectly fine.  I may note some alternatives to help you out though. The main thing to remember is always pair a protein with a complex carbohydrate.  So a tablespoon of no sugar added peanut butter (or other nut butter) with an apple for a snack, or an egg with a whole wheat English muffin for breakfast. The strict clean eaters often avoid wheat.  I don't eat a lot of it, but I will eat it when there are no added sugars, and always in moderation.

So all that to bring you this!!!!!




If you need any of these recipes, browse my blog.  If you don't find them, leave a comment and I will provide you with the one you want.

Almond Joy Smoothie
1-1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 T unsweetened cocoa powder
2 T almond butter
2 medjool dates, pitted
1/2 banana (frozen)
1 or 2 cups ice

Blend together all ingredients, adding ice a little at a time until desired consistency.


*The sausage and peppers isn't clean but a friend made it and gave me some.  I just love sausage and peppers so figured a little won't hurt me!  It's all about moderation.

What are you eating this week?  Whatever it is, Keep it Clean!!

No comments:

Post a Comment