There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, November 6, 2016

You Can Do It!!!

I hate to admit that I might be giving you a re-run recipe but I scalded and blistered my finger pretty bad making toffee (yes, clean toffee!) so typing is kind of difficult this week.  But this recipe is so delicious, I know you will forgive me!! (And the toffee is awesome, just be careful because it gets really hot!!)

These meatballs alla parmigiana really are the best meatballs I've ever had.  And they're clean.  And they're low carb, if that matters.  Pair them up with marinara sauce and you've got yourself a great meal!



Easy Marinara Sauce

Heat 2 TBSP olive oil in a large saucepan.  Add 1 small chopped onion.  Saute until onion is tender.  Add 1 or 2 cloves garlic (crushed).  Saute another minute or two.  Add a cup of chopped peppers (green, yellow, red, whatever you choose... sometimes I used frozen mixed peppers).  Saute until tender.
Stir in 1/2 cup red wine.  (This is optional but in my opinion it really makes the sauce amazing!)
Pour in two 26 oz cans crushed tomatoes.  
Add 1-2 TBSP Italian seasoning (to taste).
Heat and simmer, stirring occasionally.  
I simmer at least 30 minutes, but sometimes longer.

This makes a lot, but I just freeze the extra, which makes it even easier the next time!

What are you eating this week?  Whatever it is, Keep it Clean!


No comments:

Post a Comment