There was an error in this gadget

Monday, May 1, 2017

Pizza! Pizza! (or is it??)

Here's a little something I whipped up with my new favorite pizza sauce.  It turned out really good so I highly recommend you do this sometime soon. MR noted that you could use just about any pizza topping too, although I thought the pepperoni added just the right amount of extra flavor.

I love good pizza, and this sauce is absolutely the best I have ever had!  It really takes no time at all to make a batch of sauce and it freezes well.  I hope you love it too!  You can use it with the Pizza Chicken recipe below, or on your own pizza creation!


Pizza Sauce
1 TBSP olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cloves chopped garlic
2 TBSP minced sun-dried tomatoes
2 tsp dried oregano
1-1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 cup dry white wine (optional)
1 cup water cup water
6 ounce can tomato paste
salt
black pepper

Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.  Add onion and garlic.  Saute until soft.
Add sun-dried tomatoes, oregano and basil.  Stir and cook a minute.
If using wine, add now and allow it to simmer and reduce by about half.
Add tomato paste and water.  Using a wire whisk, stir until combined.  If it's too thick, add a little more water until you get the right thickness.  Season with salt and pepper.
Reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes.

Pizza Chicken
1 TBSP olive oil
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts (preferably thin cut)
3 cloves chopped garlic
2 cups pizza sauce (recipe above)
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup pepperoni (mini or cut regular size into quarters)

Preheat oven to 350F.  Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.  Add chicken and cook a couple minutes on each side.  Transfer to a plate.
Reduce heat and add garlic to skillet. Saute until soft, about 1 minute.
Add the pizza sauce and stir in the garlic.   Return the chicken to the skillet.  Top chicken with mozzarella and pepperoni.
Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake about 15 minutes.


Let me know if you make it with other toppings and how it turns out!
What are you eating this week?  Whatever it is... Keep it Clean!


Remember to subscribe to get my weekly posts. (No more than once a week with a rare exception when I find something so amazing I can't wait to share it, so let's say maybe 54 times a year rather than weekly... how does that sound? but I won't fill up your email because I hate that!)  I'm just here to help you on the path to Clean Eating!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment