There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Easy Snacks for All Week!

When I have time on the weekend, I like to make a lot of stuff so it's ready for the week.  Work weeks are too busy for me to have time to think of much cooking beyond just getting supper on the table!  This weekend, in addition to Chili-Maple Pepitas, I made three! - count 'em - three! kinds of date bars. If you've had Lara Bars, you know how great these are.  Plus, I find that they are a very filling snack that keeps me satisfied a long time.


INGREDIENTS OPTIONS:

Chocolate Fudge Brownie

1-1/2 cups pitted Medjool dates
1 tsp vanilla
Dash of sea salt
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
2/3 cup raw pecans


Coconut Samoas

1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/8 tsp vanilla
Dash of sea salt
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips

PB Cup

1/2 cup roasted salted peanuts
Heaping cup of Medjool dates, pitted
1/4 tsp vanilla


INSTRUCTIONS

Choose your list of ingredients from the options above, or come up with some of your own!

Mix all ingredients together in a food processor until it sticks together.  If your dates are a little dry, you may have to add a little water at a time until you can pinch it together and it sticks.

Turn mixture out on a piece of parchment paper and fold the paper over the top.  Flatten and the press in the sides to make a square or rectangle about 1/4" or so thick (depends on how thick you want your bars).  Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.  Cut into bars.  Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.

Or you can form into balls for a quick bit size snack!

What are you snacking on this week? Whatever it is, Keep it Clean!!

If you would like many of my recipes in one handy place, check out my Clean Eating Lifestyle Recipe Book available for Kindle or in paperback on Amazon!




Remember to subscribe by clicking on the link on the right.  That way you will get my weekly posts.  (No more than once a week with a rare exception when I find something so amazing I can't wait to share it, so let's say maybe 54 times a year rather than weekly... how does that sound?  but I won't fill up your email because I hate that!)  I'm just here to help you on the path to Clean Eating!













No comments:

Post a Comment