There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Easy-Peasy!

This just seems like it has been the craziest week, and I really don't know why.  But it's weeks like this that cause me to break out the simplest recipes I can find.  I really can't bring myself to get too crazy with cooking some nights. So this week you will see a collection of some of the easiest recipes I know.  But, you know, there is nothing wrong with keeping it simple.

PASTA POMODORO
This is so easy, it's ridiculous.  All you need is a 15 oz can of diced tomatoes and 1/4 cup of your favorite pesto.  Mix together and heat.  Serve over whatever kind of pasta you prefer.  You may want to add some grilled chicken for nice lean protein.

CHICKEN FINGERS WITH HONEY MUSTARD
Honey-mustard dressing served over chicken fingers cooked on the grill.  I will serve this with baked acorn squash.  I absolutely LOVE acorn squash and it is so easy to make!  Just cut the squash in half and clean out the seeds.  Lay each half face down on a baking sheet and cook for about 30 minutes at 350.  Squash is done when a fork can easily pierce the skin.  I then turn it over and put a pat of butter in it.  Acorn squash is the green one shaped similar to a giant acorn.

CHILI
A pound of ground beef (or whatever kind of protein you prefer), browned with half a chopped onion.  Then stir in a 15 oz can of tomato sauce or diced tomatoes, a can of drained and rinsed black beans, and a can of drained and rinsed pinto beans.  You can use different beans if you prefer.  Mix in your favorite seasoning.  We often just use chili powder.  Heat through!

We have some other things going on this week that will not require us to cook much, so this is a short menu.  I hope it gives you some ideas for quick and easy, but tasty, foods for your own menu.

For a snack, though, here is a great graham cracker recipe.


Keep it clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment