There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Recipes, Recipes, Recipes!

Whew!  A week away did me a world of good.  I am not sure how I am going to wake up before 5 a.m. come Monday morning, but I'll deal with that when the time comes.  For now, just happy to still technically be on vacation.  Also, happy to have the fresh Fall produce we picked up at the farm stand on the way home yesterday.  Plus we bought a big basket of apples last week.  I definitely see fresh applesauce in our future!

So, just getting back from vacation, I have a lot to do!  Better get right to the recipes....  NOTE - These are just the entrees, as you can see.  I will, of course, complement with vegetables!

Burgers on the grill - okay, had to start out with something simple!  We use Trader Joe's whole wheat hamburger buns, but you can wrap them in big lettuce leaves if you prefer.

Pizza - Trader Joe's gets lots of love at our house.  They have a fresh whole wheat pizza dough that we always keep on hand.  We both work long hours with long commutes, so quick and easy is important, but it still has to be clean!

Italian chicken - just chicken breasts rubbed with oil and then seasoned and just grill it!  Serving this with some of that great squash we picked up.

Black Bean Burritos - I haven't actually tried this recipe but I do like black bean burgers and this sounds pretty close so think it's a win.  And it includes sweet potatoes, which I absolutely love!

Chicken salad - we will use leftover chicken, chop it up, add mayo, mustard, chopped pecans, and raisins to make a fabulous chicken salad.  You can pretty much add what you want to get the taste you love.

Prosciutto-wrapped Beef Cubes - OMG... I just love this stuff.  I have posted it before, and will continue to post it.  Ab-Fab!!!  And not as complicated as it looks.

Tortilla Soup - After a long week at work, this is super easy, and super tasty, just what the doctor ordered.  This is a very versatile recipe that you can adjust to taste with your favorite flavors.  We usually add a can of black beans and/or some leftover chicken.

I also plan to make Paleo Cinnamon RollsOatmeal Raisin Cookies (uh oh!  Had to strike these out.  I just realized the recipe has brown sugar in it... so very sad!  But I will try to find a new recipe to replace this one...) and Paleo Pumpkin Cakes, but we all know about plans, don't we?!  But I will try!

Keep it clean!


No comments:

Post a Comment