There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Planning to eat!

Weekly menu is up!  I have been a little lazy about planning lately and I can definitely tell the difference.  I need to take the time every week to plan my menu and do my shopping.  We had a family reunion at my house last week so, while it was great, it also threw off my usual routine.  And, well, I love routine!

So back at it this week!  I went to the grocery store early because of the Dragon Boat Festival (see previous blog).  We will go to Whole Foods and Trader Joe's tomorrow.   And here is the menu.

SAT - zucchini "noodles" with Sarah's Marinara.
I cook some ground beef first for protein.

SUN - pizza with cauliflower pizza crust.
This is from the book Wheat Belly.  I tried another cauliflower crust recipe and it didn't work very well, so will try this one and let you know!

MON -   Cheesesteak bell peppers
I love a good, greasy cheesesteak, but I am trying to avoid the bread.  (sigh)

TUE - grilled steak and grilled squash.
Couldn't be easier as long as you remember to get the meat out of the freezer!

WED - prosciutto wrapped beef 
This looks pretty easy and very tasty.  The site I found it on gave it 5 stars or something, so I am going to take a shot at it!

THU - paleo rosemary pot roast   This is my go to pot roast.  The flavors are incredible and I highly recommend it.  My family loves it, and we sometimes use the leftovers (if there are any) for sandwiches... in pre-bread days.  Well, they still eat bread.

Do you sense a little bit of a theme here?  I have beef to use before the next cow comes!  We are eating a lot of red meat lately!  I also plan to make apple walnut bread (paleo), pumpkin spice muffins, cheesecake, egg salad and tuna salad for breakfasts and lunches. I will also make clean rice crispy treats for #1 son.  If all those recipes turn out, I will post them for you.

I was hoping to clean up a dessert recipe I posted the other day, but I just don't see that in the cards this week.  Soon, though!

Have to get to the Dragon Boat races for the face off between the neighboring towns at noon!  Have a clean eating week!






No comments:

Post a Comment