There was an error in this gadget

Friday, July 12, 2013

Menu Planning Day!

It's Friday night and I am home alone!  That so rarely happens.  But I am taking advantage of it and have already planned out my menu for the week.  I will hit the grocery store and Trader Joe's sometime this weekend and do some prep cooking on Monday... because I have the day off from work!  Yay me!

Because I have a bad habit of losing track of recipes, I now post my menu and all the required recipes here.  That way, you get the benefit of them if you are interested, and I can keep track of what I'm supposed to be doing.  I have mentioned before that we are fortunate enough to get grass fed beef from a local farmer, and that slaughtering time is coming.  I expect to get another half of a beef around the end of the month, so we are eating a LOT of red meat trying to clean out the freezer.  This week is no exception!  I will say though that I don't usually eat beef for lunch or breakfast unless I am having leftovers.  I love it, but even I can't eat it with every meal!

NOTE:  None of these recipes are my creation.  I am not that creative.  I have linked directly to the original recipes so you will go to another site.

So here goes!  This week's menu plan:

MON -
Greek meatballs and marinara sauce with brown rice pasta
I have not made these meatballs before but they sound awesome!  Feta cheese is great in anything (almost).  I have made this marinara sauce recipe several times.  Sometimes I don't always have every ingredient so I kind of fake it, but as long as I pour a little red wine in there (and probably drink a glass while cooking) it turns out GREAT!
EDIT:  I made these but didn't have enough mint.  I think they really need the mint!  Don't try to skip it!

TUE -
Crap.  Tuesday is still blank.  I need to think of something for Tuesday....


WED -
Mexican style steaks and avocado salsa
Caesar salad
I have made this steak and salsa recipe before.  It was a HUGE HIT!  Highly recommend!

THU -
Moroccan meatballs with citrus glazed carrots
Another one I haven't tried but it sounds yummy and fairly easy.  I am all about easy.

EDIT:  These are really good!  I had them for lunch the next day too!

FRI -
Stuffed zucchini
Last time I made this I subbed quinoa for the TVP.  I don't eat soy, so couldn't have that (plus I'm not sure what it is).  Even MR thought it turned out awesome.  I drizzled some of the marinara (that I will make on Monday) over the top.  Dee-lish!

SAT -
Sundried tomato meatloaf
Green vegetable
If you follow me on Facebook you know this meatloaf is what I ate most of the week.  I made it sound like I was too lazy to cook anything else but the truth is I have been home alone this week and made this meatloaf on Sunday with the intention of eating it all week.  If you don't like mushrooms, don't worry about it because you really don't taste them.  I think this recipe turned out really good and now I am going to spring it on my family!

I will also make a batch of granola.   It doesn't matter how many different granola recipes I try, this is the one I keep coming back to.  We also add raisins before baking because we like it like that!  MR likes to put it in his yogurt, and I just like to eat it plain or warmed with almond milk.  For my lunches when there are no leftovers, I will probably make black bean quinoa salad.  I love that stuff and it is super easy to make!

I hope you have a plan, but if you don't, you can borrow mine.  These recipes are not difficult, although a couple do require a little more time.  Just plan accordingly!  Have a clean week!


No comments:

Post a Comment