There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Ice Cream and Cookies... Together Again!

Yesterday was an EPIC day!  E.P.I.C!  I participated in a Dragon Boat Race/Festival fundraiser to benefit End Hunger in Calvert County #givewhereyoulive.  Besides being for a very worth cause, it is just tons o' fun!  If you have never been to a Dragon Boat race, you are totally missing out.  And I don't know about other places, but in Maryland, we know how to rock the house ... and the Bay, in this case!  So, yeah, tons of fun!

^^That?  Oh, that's my empty bowl.  Yeah, it was good!
Besides the races and the great camaraderie, there were also food vendors.  And I saw someone with an ice cream sandwich.  You know, the kind with ice cream between two cookies... like chocolate chip!  Well, today I couldn't stop thinking about it.  So I did something about it!  I made grain-free chocolate chip cookies and Yonanas chocolate almond ice cream.  It's supposed to be chocolate peanut butter ice cream from www.graciouspantry.com, but I decided to use almond butter.  Why not?!  Indeed!

And so here's the thing.  AWESOME!  That's the thing.  And totally satisfied my want.  Make sure your ice cream is good and frozen and the scoop some onto a cookie and put another cookie on top.  Voila!  Treat!

Go on.  Go make some. You know you want to!!!  (And because there was a little ice cream left, I ate it while I typed this post.  Cuz that's how I roll....)




No comments:

Post a Comment