There was an error in this gadget

Friday, August 30, 2013

Paleo Tendencies

I just finished a creamsicle.  I can't find the recipe I used to make them (but I did post a good one for you back there), which is why I started posting more frequently on my blog.... just to keep track of things!  I have Pinterest, but I haven't organized it well, so I keep getting distracted by all the dessert recipes when I am looking for entrees.



I usually do my meal planning for the week on Saturday morning, but we're doing a Trader Joe's and Whole Foods run in the morning, so I wanted to get the list ready tonight.  No firm plans for the holiday weekend (Happy Labor Day, US of A friends!) so I will have to be flexible.

I am finishing up my first week of a two week Paleo trial.  I have eaten almost 100% Paleo all week.  I made pizzas last night that had mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.  I guess that's not strictly Paleo, so that was once.  And then tonight at the farmer's market, I taste tested some gourmet nuts and didn't realize that the cashews had some sugar in their seasoning.  I only ate one, so that barely counts, right?  Speaking of Paleo, my sister commented on the beef teriyaki kabob recipe from the Civilized Caveman that I posted on my blog last week.  She asked if we used a gas grill to make them.  Well... YEAH!  And she said, That's not very Paleo, is it?  She thinks she's funny.  Sometimes I do too.  Mostly silly.  (I love my sisters, by the way!)  ANYWAY!  I will admit that there were times that I wanted to fall off the Paleo wagon.  Mostly when MR had his pizza with Trader Joe's whole wheat crust.  I really wanted that!  But I persevered.  And the trade off to that has been that I am down a few pounds this week and definitely feeling better.  My tummy issues, which are what precipitated the foray into 100% Paleo, as opposed to my usual Clean Eating with Paleo tendencies, seem to have resolved for the most part.  I will try it for another week and see if I am going to stick with it 100% (they say you can do it 85%... I am likely to do better if am all in) or go back to having some grains and legumes in my diet.

I will only post a short menu right now because we have some special plans at the end of the week, but will post the rest of the week later.  In the meantime, I have thrown in some extra items for your cooking and eating pleasure!!!

SATURDAY
PALEOMG Mexican Salad 
Hey, this was on the menu last week!  That's right, folks, even the best laid plans.... well, you know.  So we didn't get to this and had a Mustgo night instead.  (Everything must go!)  It really  makes it easy when I have all the stuff and don't get it made.  Just move it to the next week!

SUNDAY
Steak and caramelized peach salad
Yeah, yeah... another one that didn't get made this week.  It's because I forgot to thaw meat one day, so we had to scrape something together with whatever was in the fridge or pantry.
UPDATE:  When we made this we discovered that there is no picture and the ingredients and instructions are a little ambiguous.  If you're not very proficient in the kitchen and require very specific directions, this may not be the recipe for you.  MR is quite proficient, so was able to pull it off.  AND, I really enjoyed the blend of flavors.  But, if you are timid in the kitchen, you may want to skip this recipe.

MONDAY
Moroccan meatballs with citrus glazed carrots
Haven't made these in a while, and they weren't on the menu last week!  HA!  These are simple to make and I really love the flavors.

TUESDAY
Prosciutto wrapped beef cubes
Oh, man!  These are amazing!  I absolutely could eat these every day!!!

And that's it for me for the week!  Nah, not really.  More later.... and in the meantime... check these out!

Paleo Pumpkin Muffins - I love these!  So quick to make and just keep them in an airtight container in the fridge and grab and go.  When fresh cranberries are available in the Fall, I will throw a handful of them in the batter.  When you bite into them you get a great pop of tartness in your mouth.  Yummy!

Green Smoothies - There are so many ways to make a green smoothie, I won't even post a recipe.  I will say that you can make it the way you like it.  I use a big handful of spinach, about 8 oz. almond milk, a tablespoon of ground flaxseed, half a banana, and then a cup of whatever fruit I have handy.  If your fruit isn't frozen, throw a few ice cubes in too so it's nice and chilly!

Have a clean eating week!






No comments:

Post a Comment