There was an error in this gadget

Friday, December 6, 2013

Treats Treats Treats!

I love staying in the house on cold Winter days and making Christmas treats!  And this is the perfect weekend for it.  Weatherman says Sunday, especially, will be a wicked one.  So what to make?

I am going to list a whole bunch of different recipes.  I probably won't get them all made this weekend, but I can do more next weekend.  Isn't that what Christmas is all about?  Yum!  Can't wait!

Clean Eating Sticky Buns!

Flourless cranberry scones - I added these after I posted this blog because they are just so darn good!  And super quick and easy!  I have to put them away when they finish cooling or I will eat them all!  AMAZING!!!  You can make these in about 5-10 minutes, plus 10 minutes bake time.

Sticky buns - These are made with the dough from Cinnamon Raisin Braids over at The Naked Kitchen (www.thenakedkitchen.com).  I linked to the original recipe, but if you want to make sticky buns, just make the dough as indicated.  Then instead of rolling into ropes and braiding, divide the dough in half and roll each piece out into a rectangle.  Mix a little bit of honey with some chopped pecans (or other nut of your choice). It should be mostly nuts.  Roll it up jelly roll style, and cut into individual rolls.  I like to use dental floss to do this because it doesn't squish the dough.  Then place in a buttered cake pan, side touching.  Bake at 350 about 20 minutes.  When done, brush with honey cinnamon mixture (see recipe link).  Allow to cool as long as you can stand it.  Makes two batches of sticky buns.

Dark Chocolate Coconut balls - These are like eating a Mounds bar.  Yummy coconut drenched in dark chocolate!  Oh yeah!  Better than a Mounds!

Paleo pumpkin muffins - I love to make a batch of these and keep them in the fridge to heat up for breakfast.  Throw a handful of fresh or dried cranberries in for a great tart POP in your mouth.  I use unsweetened cranberries, so it's pretty tart.  But I love it like that!

Molasses oatmeal cookies - My husband created these one day when we didn't have enough coconut sugar.  I like to make them extra big for grab and go breakfast cookies!

Gourmet S'mores - I know, s'mores are for Summer, but I just love these.  If you are going to a party or holiday gathering, a plate of these is always a big hit!

Peppermint patties - I could eat a whole bag of peppermint patties in one sitting... one reason I had to switch to clean eating!  But just one or two of these totally satisfies me!  So delightful!

Dark Chocolate Orange and Pomegranate Truffles - I haven't made these yet but I really hope to this year!  They look beautiful and sound even better.  If you make them let me know how they turn out or, better yet, invite me over for a taste test!

Dark Chocolate Covered Toffee - You won't even know there's no refined sugar in this.  Amazing stuff! And so easy!  You really need a candy thermometer, though.

Apple Pie Balls - Easiest recipe ever!  No baking and can be made in just a few minutes.  Everybody loves these... even #1 son who doesn't eat clean!


Have fun!  Share a recipe with me if you like!  And remember to keep it clean!




No comments:

Post a Comment