There was an error in this gadget

Friday, March 14, 2014

No Wheat Pizza!

Just add wine!
I made a lovely pizza tonight.  MR got a whole wheat crust one but I am avoiding wheat so I made a coconut flour crust for mine.  Frankly, when you first peel it off the parchment paper, it's a little soggy on the bottom.  But it made enough for four big pieces so I am thinking that if I reheat it in the toaster oven it should crisp up a little.  Either way, though, it tastes good and I enjoyed it... without the feeling I get from wheat, which is just kind of blah.





Ready to go in the oven for the second time!
The crust comes to us from wholelifestylenutrition, but you need to know two things.  First, grease the heck out of that parchment paper.  I used coconut oil, but maybe something like olive oil would have been better.  Then when you take it out the last time, allow it to cool for about 2 or 3 minutes before you start to separate it from the parchment paper.  I had to use a Pampered Chef metal spatula to get it to come up good.  I almost had to gently scrape it off.  But it did come off and didn't leave a lot behind.



Here is the Pizza Crust recipe.  MR makes his own pizza sauce with a large can of crushed tomatoes, 2 TBSP olive oil, 1 TBSP Italian seasoning, 1 tsp oregano (spices should be more or less, to your taste).  That makes a lot of sauce, so we put it on smaller containers and freeze it for future use.  Top with cheese and toppings of your choice!


No comments:

Post a Comment