There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, May 31, 2014

The Best Part of Clean Eating.... Dessert!

I am not going to kid you, if it weren't for clean eating desserts, I probably would not have stuck with this lifestyle for the last two years.  Knowing I could have occasional treats was what really got me started.  Like most people, I don't want to feel deprived.  That's no fun!

I continue to see lots of "super easy" minimal-number ingredient recipes all over Facebook, Pinterest, everywhere.  But so many of them start with a cake mix or something else equally sugar filled.  How much better to have a sweet treat and know that you haven't completely derailed your progress??

As with any treats, moderation is important.  But, still....  nice to have options, isn't it?

Here are some awesome summertime treats.  Some are super easy, and a few take a little time... but are so very worth it!


First, my very favorite (but admittedly time consuming) gourmet s'mores!!!  I like to make these ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator until the backyard barbecue.

You can also make these in stages as you have time.  The graham crackers can be made and stored until you have time to make the marshmallow.  And who would have thought you can make your own marshmallow!?  This is when it comes in handy to have a good stand mixer, but a hand mixer will do also.

Blueberries and creamsicles!  A wonderful summertime treat for you and the kiddos in your life.  Make ahead and have them in the freezer for those run-through-the-sprinkler kind of days!

Mint chip ice cream - And this one is Paleo, too!

Lemon ice cream with blueberry coulis - A little fancier but still so yummy!

And for the raw eaters among us, some super easy, super quick tasty treats!
Raw Thin-ner Mints and also includes a recipe for Something-Like-Samoas!
Mexican chocolate brownies!  That first bite will make you wonder if they are really raw!
Coconut truffles (Paleo too!)

Do you have a favorite treat you would like to see cleaned up?  Drop me a note in the comments, and I will see what I can come up with!





No comments:

Post a Comment