There was an error in this gadget

Monday, July 14, 2014

Don't Try This at Home! UN-clean choc chip cookies!

I don't normally do this, because I don't want to tempt you!  But if you find that you need to make an unclean treat for your family or a gathering, I would say this is the one to make.  I bake for #1 Son's lunches sometimes.  Typically, I am able to leave them alone because the sugary treats just don't interest me anymore.  But I ran across a recipe for Doubletree Chocolate Chip Cookies.  If you have ever stayed at a Doubletree, you know what I am talking about.  They tempt you right from check-in with a warm cookie.  I stayed at Doubletree a few times for some training events, and the front desk clerks were awesome about sharing cookies with us whenever we asked.  Maybe too many!  But oh they are so good!  So when I ran across this recipe, I just knew I had to try it for #1 Son.  I did make a minor tweak to the recipe linked above by using part white flour and part white whole wheat.  I also ground up the walnuts because he isn't a big fan.  So here is my version of ....

















Doubletree Hotel Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 cup rolled oats, ground in food processor until fine
2 sticks butter, softened
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp lemon juice
2 eggs
1-1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1-1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup walnuts, ground in food processor until fine

Cream together butter, brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice in large mixing bowl.  (I use a Kitchen-Aid with the whip attachment.)  Add eggs one at a time, beating until smooth.  Scrape the bowl occasionally.
In a small bowl, mix together oats, both flours, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.  Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix gently until just combined.  (I use the Kitchen-Aid flex edge flat beater.)  Add the chocolate chips and walnuts and mix until evenly distributed.  Do not overmix.
Refrigerate the dough for at least one hour.  Using a spoon or cookie scoop, place the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet about 2" apart (depending on the size of your cookies... I make mine pretty big!).  Bake at 350 for about 13 minutes or until golden brown.  When baked, cool on the cookie sheets for a couple of minutes and then move them to a cookie rack until completely cooled.


No comments:

Post a Comment