There was an error in this gadget

Monday, August 25, 2014

Recipes for the week!

It has been kind of a busy weekend!  I managed to make a menu for the week and get my grocery shopping done, but never got this blog written.  Which doesn't do you any good now, does it?!  So here's this week's recipes.  As I write this, I am cooking all the sweet potatoes for the week to make things faster when it comes to time to make the quinoa burgers and the Shepherd's pie.

We went to a picnic in a vineyard yesterday with a bunch of friends.  Great times!  But I will admit I ate some things I don't normally eat.  Way too much sugar!  But, hey, sometimes it happens.  And so the next day I just reboot!  CTRL-ALT-DEL

And on to the recipes!!!

Sweet potato quinoa burgers - This recipe makes enough for me to freeze leftovers individually so I can take them to work for lunch!

Mediterranean quinoa salad - This also makes a huge amount.  Even having it for a meal one evening allows me plenty to pack in lunches.

Spaghetti squash with olive oil and garlic - I think spaghetti squash is just one of the coolest veggies out there.  Throw it in the oven to cook and end up with these great little strands.  Plus, it's squash!  I love squash!

Caprese salad - This one is so easy you don't really need a recipe.  Just slice some nice fresh tomatoes, and some fresh mozzarella.  Layer it in a dish, drizzle with olive oil and garnish with fresh basil.  Sprinkle a tiny bit of sea salt on there and voila!  Awesome summer salad.  I cut way too much basil to make this, so now I have some drying for the next thing!

Pizza - MR loves his pizza.  A whole wheat crust, his homemade sauce, and cheese and toppings of choice!

Shepherd's pie with sweet potato top - here is a recipe for a Paleo shepherd's pie, but we prefer to use sweet potatoes, in which case you don't need to usually add much, if any milk to it.  And I like to season them with a little cinnamon.  Really, you can make one with just leftover vegetables, a little beef broth, a pound of ground beef, and some cooked sweet potatoes.  Season as you like!

Coconut chicken fingers - Anything coconut and I am there.  Civilized Caveman hasn't steered me wrong yet!




No comments:

Post a Comment