There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Recipes for Labor Day Weekend

My friend has started a clean eating challenge among some local ladies.  It is so cool to see people just jump in with both feet!   They are really trying, even though we all know how hard it is to change years and years o bad eating habits.  But I give every one of them credit for trying so hard.  Things like this excite me and make me want to help them with great, easy recipes.  I really think that if we make it easy on you with easy recipes made from readily available ingredients, you will be more successful.

Did you try the coconut chicken fingers from last week's blog?  If you haven't, you really should!  Those babies turned out so delicious, and they were incredibly easy and quick.  Next time we make them... and there will be a next time... we are going to make some pineapple-mango salsa to go with it.  Can you imagine?!

Labor Day weekend is upon us, so I have included a couple of traditional picnic foods, but all cleaned up!  Also, the peaches are so good this year, I am going to try something new with them.  Which brings me to... the recipes!

Cinnamon Crunch Pancakes with Brown Butter Caramelized Peaches - I have not yet made these, but this recipe sounds so fabulous!  It has been on my short list for a while, so hopefully this week!

Slow Cooker Baked Beans - These are amazing!  Throw everything in the slow cooker and you will end up with best baked beans I have ever had... and I come from a long line of baked bean makers.  My mom used to do hers in a crock in the oven for hours.  These really remind me of those!

MR's Sure-to-be-Famous Cole Slaw - As I am sure I have told you before, MR is a really amazing man!  He came up with this recipe because he didn't know where to find the one I usually use.  He just "came up with it!"  And I love it!!!

Marinara  and spaghetti squash - You may recall that I made a batch of marinara last week.  It makes quite a bit so that makes my life much easier this week.  I just have to bake the squash, pull out the "spaghetti," and pour some reheated marinara over it!

Pineapple Chicken Kabobs - I haven't yet tried this easier, but I have always loved the combination of fresh pineapple and chicken grilled together!!!

Mexican sirloin steak and avocado salad - I have made this and we both loved loved loved it!

Not Just Another Cookie - Okay, I admit it!  I still like a treat now and then.  Who doesn't?  But what better way to have a treat than with a cleaned up version of an old favorite.  If you don't have cranberries you can always substitute another dried fruit like raisins or cherries.  Just make sure there is no added sugar!

Do you think you can find something good to eat from this list?  I hope so!  Is there a recipe you'd like a clean version of?  Let me know in the comments!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment