There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Caramelized Figs

I picked up a couple of pounds of fresh figs yesterday... without any idea what I was going to do with them!  For a planner like me, that is kind of unusual.  But they just looked so beautiful, I couldn't go home without them.  I ate a couple with a piece of cheese.  What a wonderful snack!

This morning I woke up way too early.  MR said he will be making blueberry pancakes, but as I sat in the kitchen enjoying my morning cuppa, the figs kept calling my name.  So I made breakfast!  The pancakes will have to wait.

Caramelizing figs is quick and easy.  And you can keep them in the fridge for a couple of days too.

Caramelizing Figs

Caramelized Figs and Greek Yogurt

1/2 pound fresh figs, cut in half, stems removed
1 TBSP honey
2 cups Greek yogurt
Sprinkle of cinnamon

Warm honey in a skillet on medium heat.  Place figs face down in the honey and heat for about 5 minutes.  In a bowl, mix a sprinkle of cinnamon into the yogurt.  Transfer figs and liquid from skillet to yogurt dish.  Drizzle with additional honey if desired.  Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment