There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Feed Me, Seymour!

Have you ever seen Little Shop of Horrors?  It was awesome on the stage, and pretty funny movie too, because who doesn't love Steve Martin?!  Anyway, sometimes I feel like Audrey II....  I need fed!  But one thing you should not be feeling if you are eating clean, is really hungry!  So at those times, I may not be eating enough.  We should all be eating about every 2-3 hours, pairing our protein and complex carb, and feeding the beast!  So if you're feeling (really) hungry, think about whether you are actually eating enough.  And also remember to drink water.  Sometimes thirst can feel like hunger.

I try to keep my menus simple, but I always make one for the week.  I cannot stay on track if I don't have a plan for what we'll eat.  Plus it saves a bunch of money at the store!  I try to build meals around what's already here as much as possible.  But we are out of chicken, so that definitely is going on the list.  I hope it's on sale!  

Without further ado, here is this week's menu.  I hope you find something you like!

Balsamic pot roast - (edit)  I added this late.  I forgot I was making a pot roast.  I looked at quite a few recipes and this one looked the easiest!  I substitute coconut aminos for soy sauce, because I don't do soy, but other than that... just follow the recipe!


Mediterranean Quinoa Salad - We have a meeting with potluck this week.  The theme is healthy eating.  I wanted something that is healthy but extremely tasty, and also super easy!  This is something I can make ahead and just grab it from the fridge when it's time to go.  Does it get any easier?!   If you don't want to share, you can make this on the weekend and then have some for lunch every day!

Creamy Tomato Soup - I have been really wanting tomato soup and grilled cheese lately.  Probably because it's so cold!  Not loving winter right now.  This looks easy (priority 1) and tasty (priority 1a).  I will pair it with...

Grown Up Grilled Cheese - Grilled cheese and tomato soup just go together in my book!  This is a recipe you can adjust to your own taste.  The secret is in the cooking!


Spicy Paprika Lime Chicken - See?  I told you we need chicken!  I like meals with a little kick.  This sounds like just the ticket.

Teriyaki Stir Fry - I have learned to be more creative since I started clean eating lifestyle.  I am figuring out how to make the flavors I want.  And I am huge on using what I have.  I don't want to buy a whole jar of something just to use 1 teaspoon.  So this recipe has options built in.  Use what you have!

  • Teriyaki Sauce
  • 1/2 cup coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
  • 1/4 cup raw honey
  • 1 (8 oz.) can pineapple juice (or orange juice)
  • 2 T rice vinegar (or white vinegar)
  • 1 T fresh grated ginger (or 1 tsp ground ginger)
  • 1 or 2 garlic cloves – pressed or minced
Combine ingredients and cook over medium heat until it begins to boil.  Turn the heat back and continue to stir and cook for about 3 minutes.  Coat meat (chicken or beef).  You can bake the coated meat, or cook it in a wok for stir fry.  We will stir fry some beef strips with snow peas and carrots probably.  

What week would be complete without a little treat?  Last week I made No Bake Chili Brownies.  I kid you not, MR thought I had baked!  They come out with a great texture.  Don't be put off by the chili powder and chili.  You don't really taste it.  It just adds a little something.  So good!

And this week I am going to try Gingerbread Brownies just because they look totally amazing.  If you check out her blog post on these, she also links to an ice cream recipe you can make to go with them.  Instead, though, I am going to whip some coconut cream to make a whipped topping.  Love that stuff!


Molasses Oatmeal Cookies

And MR needs to make some of these cookies.  First, because they are so good and second, because they are a great grab and go snack or breakfast!  

I hope you have a great week.  Whatever you do, Keep it Clean!

*Please note - I do not select the ads that run on my page, but I do make money if you click through*

No comments:

Post a Comment